#Wheatfree# recipe. Makes approx 30 flapjacks. Mary Flahavan’s Oaty Flapjacks
These nutritious flapjacks keep very well in a tin. Children love their crunchy texture and they make an ideal addition to any lunchbox.
175g/7oz Flahavan’s Progress Oatlets
175g/7oz Flahavan’s Jumbo Oat flakes
7oz butter or margarine
4oz brown sugar
3oz golden syrup
- Preheat the oven to 150°C
- Melt margarine or butter in a saucepan with the sugar and golden syrup. Heat gently until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the oatflakes.
- Tipp the mixture into a swiss roll tin (22cm x 33cm, 9” x 13”) lined with parchment and press it out evenly using the back of a spoon.
- Bake in a preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- When baked, coat with melted chocolate as a special treat.
- Cut into squares while still warm and leave to cool in the tin.