Here at Love Irish Food, we love looking out for new exciting recipes. Kieran who is the Executive Director of Love Irish Food came across this recipe recently. This is his version of the recipe for perfect Fluffy Ricotta Pancakes. These pancakes are light and fluffy, yet luxuriously tantalizing.
- 2 large Golden Irish eggs (separated)
- 250 grams Macroom Buffalo Ricotta cheese
- 125 mls milk
- 100 grams plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 250 grams chopped Keelings strawberries (or other Keelings berries of your choice)
- Put the egg yolks, ricotta & into a bowl and mix well to combine. Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt and gently whisk to make a smooth batter. Beat the egg whites until they become foamy and then fold them gently into the batter.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and drop in heaped dessertspoons of batter.
- Cook the pancakes for about 1 minute until golden and then flip them over and cook for another minute. Keep pancakes warm until ready to serve with strawberries and syrup of your choice.