- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50g Avonmore unsalted butter
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 225g small button mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 500g fillet steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chopped curly parsley
- 1 pot Avonmore cooking cream
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
Heat the olive oil and half the butter in a sauté pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 10 minutes until the onions are soft but not coloured. Add the mushrooms and fry for 2-3 minutes until beginning to soften. Remove from the pan.
Melt the remaining butter in the pan. When it starts to foam, add the beef and sauté quickly over a high heat for 3-4 minutes until browned on all sides. Return the mushrooms & onions to the pan. Stir in the paprika & mustard. Pour in the cream & cook until it begins to boil. Reduce the heat & simmer for 2 minutes. Season with sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, add some chopped parsley. Serve with plain boiled rice.