These breakfast muffins are packed full of natural sweeteners like honey, banana and our Folláin No Added Sugar Jam, making these a great start to a healthy day.
2 large free-range Golden Irish eggs
150ml pot of natural low-fat yoghurt
50ml Lakeshore rapeseed oil
2 tablespoons of Folláin No Added Sugar Apricot Jam
1 ripe banana, mashed
4 tablespoons of clear honey
1 teaspoon of almond extract
200g of wholemeal flour
50g of Flahavan’s porridge oats, plus extra for sprinkling
1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
1 ½ teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda
2 tablespoons of mixed seeds
Extra Folláin Apricot Jam
A handful of flaked almonds, for sprinkling
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas Mark 4. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with 12 large muffin cases.
- In a mixing jug, combine the eggs, yoghurt, rapeseed oil, Apricot Jam, banana, honey and almond extract.
- In a large bowl, combine the wholemeal flour, oats, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and mixed seeds.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and combine until you have a smooth batter. Don’t over mix as this will make your muffins tough.
- Divide the mix between the muffin cases and place about half a teaspoon of Apricot Jam on the top of each of the muffins. Sprinkle with the extra porridge oats and the flaked almonds.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until risen and golden. Check that they’re cooked by inserting a skewer into the middle of one of the muffins. They’re done if it comes away clean.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool. These will keep for 3 days in a sealed container but they taste best on the day of baking.