150g Plain Flour
150g Flahavan’s Porridge Oatflakes
175g unrefined brown sugar
200g Avonmore Unsalted Butter
Knob of butter for greasing
Avonmore Cream or some piping hot custard.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, Gas 4
- Sieve the flour into a bowl. Add the sugar and oats and mix well.
- Add in the butter and rub into the mix with your fingers until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Peel and core the apples. Slice the apple and place in a small saucepan with a lid. Add 2 tablespoons of cold water. Heat it gently on the stove until the apples are cooked and soft. Add two spoons of sugar to sweeten. Do not add the sugar before cooking as it will result in lumpy apples.
- Line an ovenproof dish with the softened apple. Spoon crumble over fruit. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.