LIME AND FETA AVOCADO SMASH
A tasty, healthy breakfast to kick start your day!
- 2 Golden Irish Eggs
- 1 Avocado
- 100g Macroom Buffalo feta
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 slices grilled sourdough
- 2 birds eye chillis, finely sliced
- Handful of mint leaves, thinly chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cali Cali Tijuana Hot Sauce
- Half fill a wide saucepan of salted water and place over a high heat, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and once at a gentle simmer crack in the eggs. Simmer gently for 2 minutes for a soft poached or for hard poached simmer for four minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Half the avocados, remove the stone and scoop out the flesh, mash in a small bowl with the feta and lime juice, making sure to keep some chunks of feta.
- Place the grilled sourdough on plates, top with the avocado smash, poached eggs and a drizzle of Tijuana Hot Sauce.
<iframe width=”700″ height=”400″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/99pRho8O2yA” title=”YouTube video player” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>