As Ireland faces one of its biggest economic challenges with the combined effects of the Covid-19 pandemic and a looming hard Brexit, three organisations have come together to help Irish produced food & drink brands fight back.
Love Irish Food boasts 80 member brands accounting for over 12,000 jobs in local communities all across Ireland. From artisan producers to global food players, Love Irish Food members play a vital role in helping Ireland’s food industry.
Core is Ireland’s largest communications company working with brands throughout Ireland and delivering full solutions to clients.
Media Central is a leading company in advertising communication in Ireland delivering over 2m weekly listeners, 6m followers on social, with 9 radio brands including Newstalk & Today fm.
As part of the ongoing effort to get its brand message across to consumers, Love Irish Food, One Core and Media Central have teamed up to offer Irish produced food and drink producers a big helping hand in promoting their brands to the Irish consumer in 2021with the Double Up Awards.
We are offering 5 Irish companies a Double Up of €200,000 in radio airtime. The selected companies will have their radio advertising spend doubled in 2021. Their radio spend of €40,000 in Qtr 1, 2021 will be doubled by €40,000 in free air time in Qtr 2, 2021. This competition is open to members and non members of Love Irish Food.
Love Irish Food, Core & Media Central will work with the winners to plan the optimum campaign for their brand objectives.
We are looking for the brands for whom the Double Up will deliver the greatest return. The ideal winners will have a national food/drink brand and have a strong national sales distribution. Your brand may be facing a budgetary cup back right now. This award will help your brand have a strong opening campaign in Q1 and Q2, 2021.
In 1,500 words or less tell us why this campaign should go to your brand. Entrants need to present a sound business and marketing case. As the success of most brands is dependent on passion, we would like you to demonstrate your drive and passion for your brand.
There are two stages involved in the online entry process:
Stage 1 – Registration will require you to submit the basic details of your company and brand. To enter please complete the form here:
Stage 2 – Submission requires the submission of your completed entry. To submit please complete the online entry form featured on loveirishfood.ie
Closing date for receipt of registration is 5.30pm Friday 24th July, 2020 and the closing date for completed submissions is 5-30pm Friday 28th August, 2020. Judging will take place w/c 7th September, 2020 and the 5 winners will be notified on Monday 28th September, 2020.
Try to include as much detail as possible including the areas mentioned below.
Make sure to cover such areas as,
- your market background
- your distribution
- your brand position
- your marketing strategy
- your brand goals
- people driving the business
- operational/service capability
- what practical difference you believe a nationally targeted consumer radio advertising campaign to the value of €80,000 from Media Central would make to your brand.
You can also provide any creative direction that you feel would assist your case.
Kieran Rumley Love Irish Food
Eddie O Mahony Core
Gavin Deans Media Central
A shortlist of competitors will be brought forward to be interviewed by the judging panel. The number of these companies is at the discretion of the judging panel.
Terms and Conditions
- The prize is as stated and no cash will be given in lieu.
- The spend for the bought campaign must be during the period 1st January 2021 and 31st March, 2021. Failure to do this will mean the prize is forfeited. The Double Up foc must be taken over a 4 week period between 29th April, 2021 and 31st August, 2021.
- Creative content for the campaign will be by Core Creative and the winner needs to commit a budget of €10,000 for the creative development through Core on top of €40,000 media spend which will be billed through Spark Foundry Ireland.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries must be made online on our website – www.loveirishfood.ie – using the online entry form site and must comply with the entry format.
- There is no cost to enter.
- Registration for entry must be made before 5:30pm on registration closing date Friday 24th July, 2020.
- Submission of entry must be made before 5.30pm on submission closing date Friday 28th August, 2020.
- During the term which the bought and free campaign is active with Media Central there must be no other above-the-line advertising activity engaged in by the winner. This will allow us to measure the effectiveness of the Campaign. Public relations activities and promotional activities are permitted during this period.
- Entry is open to Love Irish Food members and non Love Irish Food members. The advertsied food/drink product must be produce in the Republic of Ireland.
- Entrants agree that in entering the Competition that they freely consent to the Organisers use of their entry submission, without restriction.
- Entrants confirm that they will make their pre-prize business metrics available – e.g. sales, employees, distribution, and also share post campaign metrics with the competition organisers. The purpose of the metrics is to the organisers build case studies. No business sensitive information will be used or released. Information supplied will be treated in strictect of confidence.
- Entrants will present their performance measurement metric for pre and post campaign purpose.
- Entrants should also highlight the complimentary activity, if any, to be undertaken to maximise sales impact of the advertising campaign eg promotional activity etc
- Entrants confirm that they will make themselves available for interview should they be selected for the shortlist. Any expense incurred will be the responsibility of the entrant and no cost will be liable to the organisers.
- Entrants brands must have strong national distributon with good access to market.
- Entrants must not have previously engaged in advertising expenditure for the submitted brand with a net radio spend exceeding €150,000 in any one year during the previous 2 years. Note: Promotions & PR activity are not treated as Advertising activity.
- In the event of winning, entrants will make themselves available for publicity purpose.
- The competition is closed to employees of Love Irish Food, Media Central or Core and their families.
- Entry instructions form part of these rules.
- The promoter is Love Irish Food, PO Box 12095, Dublin 6W.
- Canvassing or any attempt to influence the jury will disqualify an entrant.
- Core will have final the decision over the placement of any advertisement in relation to placement and availability. The Free of charge inventory for the winning campaigns will run in (BTA) Best Time Available slot across Media Central.
- All advertisements must fully comply with ASAI guidelines and best practice within the industry.
- The advertising space may only be used to promote the brand, products or company submitted in the entry form and judged in the competition.
- The prize is non-transferable to any other company, brand or organization.
- By entering this competition, entrants agree to be bound by the rules and to be bound by the decisions of the judging panel.
- The value of the media space will be the rate card cost in the Media Central published rate card.
- Winners must be willing to participate in all media publicity within reason, promoting the award of the prize
- Any entry which it is discovered contains false or untrue information or which has broken these rules, before during or after judging will lead to the immediate disqualification of that entry.