Try this authentic Thai dish favourite and say good bye to take away curry!
- 5 Tbsp ground nut oil
- 1 clove garlic peeled and chopped
- ½ small onion finely chopped
- ½ stick lemongrass finely chopped (optional)
- 4 chicken breasts cut into dice sized pieces
- 1 tsp green curry paste
- 3 tbsp Thai fish sauce/Nam Pla
- 350ml coconut milk
- 250ml Avonmore Cooking Cream
- 1 red pepper diced into bite size pieces
- 1 yellow pepper diced into bite size pieces
- 1 small Aubergine diced into bite size pieces
- 200g green beans
- Squeeze of fresh lime
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp chopped fresh coriander
- ½ tsp chopped fresh basil
- ½ tsp chopped fresh mint
Cook the green beans in a pot of boiling salted water for 4 minutes. Remove and refresh under cold water and set aside. Heat a large frying pan, add some oil and fry the peppers for 2 minutes, add the aubergine and fry for a further 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
Heat the rest of the oil in a large heavy saucepan. Add the onion, garlic, lemongrass (optional) and fry for 3 minutes stirring all the time. Add the curry paste and fry for 1 minute. Add the fish sauce and then stir in the chicken. Pour in the coconut milk followed by the Avonmore Cooking Cream and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer until the sauce has reduced by ⅓.
Add the peppers, aubergine and green beans. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Just before serving add the fresh chopped basil, mint and coriander, squeeze in the lime juice. Serve with Thai Jasmine rice.