- 500g Manor Farm Chicken breast fillets, cut in chunks
- 250g can pineapple chunks, drained,
(keep the juice)
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 green pepper, cut into small cubes
- 1 red pepper, cut into small cubes
- 1 celery stick, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh coriander to garnish
For the Marinade
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
Make the marinade: in a large bowl combine the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and water. Toss the chicken pieces in the marinade, cover and leave to marinade in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Make the reserved pineapple juice up to 250ml with water and blend with the cornflour. Set aside
Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan, add the chicken and stir-fry for 8 – 10 minutes until golden all over. Lift out with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
Add the green and red peppers, celery and onion and stir fry for 5 minutes.
Add the cornflour and pineapple juice mixture and ketchup to the wok, and cook for 3 – 5 minutes until thickened